Orange Poppyseed Blueberry Bars
This is an easy recipe! Great for breakfast or a snack! These are pretty moist. Best to keep refrigerated if not eaten within a couple days.
- 1.5 cups Flax seed (I prefer ground flax)
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 -1/3 cup of xylitol (depends on how sweet you want them *made from birch – NOT corn!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (I recommend celtic sea salt)
- 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 6 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of blueberries
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then, mix all of the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Gently, fold in the blueberries.
- Carefully, pour in the mix into a 8×8 glass dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- You may have to spread the dough more evenly in the glass dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- These are pretty moist. Best to keep refrigerated if not eaten within a couple days.